Concorso 2 Agosto is proud to announce the Board of Judges of the XXIII Edition:
- Internationally renowned composer Marco Betta is the President of the 2017 Edition. His composition works range from theater to movies, to opera, symphonic and chamber music. He has been published by well-known music publishers such as Ricordi and Casa Musicale Sonzogno. He teaches passionately both in Palermo and in Rome.
- Andrea Portera has received acclaim and recognition by prestigious worldwide renowned composers in the likes of Morricone, Nishimura, Corghi and Bussotti, just to name a few. He teaches intensively at the Fiesole School of Music, where he is Professor of Composition and Composer in Residence at Festival Suoni Riflessi.
- Enzo Filippetti, Professor of Saxophone at Conservatorio “S. Cecilia” in Rome, is very active on the international contemporary music scene. Enzo Filippetti has been performing concerts all over the word for over thirty years and he is regularly invited by the most relevant festivals and music institutions.
- Ivano Battiston, Professor of Accordion at “Cherubini” Conservatory of Music in Florence, is one of the most acclaimed accordion virtuoso. He collaborates with musicians such as Yurij Bashmet, Mario Brunello, Alexander Lonquich, etc. He took part in Concorso 2 Agosto Final Concert in both the Seventh and Seventeenth Editions.
- Alessandro Castelli has worked with important International and Italian musicians, both in concert and in recording studios. In the ‘90s he collaborated with Piccolo Teatro in Milan, Teatro alla Scala and the RAI National Symphony Orchestra. He played as soloist in many Italian festivals, performing pieces for trombone and euphonium solo, as well as the historic repertoire.
- Fabrizio Festa, composer, conductor, music designer, and the Artistic Director of the International Composer Competition “2 Agosto”. He teaches at Conservatorio "Duni" in Matera and has published several books and essays about applied music history and the relations between music and the sciences.